Temporary Employment Visas
There are a number of visa classifications that permit a foreign national to work legally in the United States, including H, L, O and P visas. If applying for one of these types of visas, you must bring the following to the Embassy:
- A passport valid for at least six months;
- Photocopy of the bio-data page of valid passport;
- All previous passports (if available);
- Pink and blue fee receipt copies from any National Bank of Abu Dhabi (PDF 167Kb) branch for each applicant. (AED 540 per application. Please note that this payment is non-refundable.);
- DS-160 Online Application confirmation page; and
- One photograph;
- BCIS Notice (I-797), indicating approval of the petition;
- Photocopy of BCIS Notice of Action (I-797);
- Extensions approved by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration (BCIS), if any;
- Complete and updated curriculum vitae and list of publications;
- Transcripts from post-high school education;
- Reciprocity Fee (if any); and
- Any other documents that may be deemed pertinent to the application.
Emirati recipients of most U.S. employment visas are also required to pay a reciprocity fee once the visa is approved. This fee is based on what the UAE government charges Americans who receive similar visas to work in UAE.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.