Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Visa Types

Temporary Employment Visas

There are a number of visa classifications that permit a foreign national to work legally in the United States, including H, L, O and P visas.  If applying for one of these types of visas, you must bring the following to the Embassy:

  • A passport valid for at least six months;
  • Photocopy of the bio-data page of valid passport;
  • All previous passports (if available);
  • Pink and blue fee receipt copies from any National Bank of Abu Dhabi (PDF 167Kb) branch for each applicant. (AED 540 per application. Please note that this payment is non-refundable.);
  • DS-160 Online Application confirmation page; and
  • One photograph;
  • BCIS Notice (I-797), indicating approval of the petition;
  • Photocopy of BCIS Notice of Action (I-797);
  • Extensions approved by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration (BCIS), if any;
  • Complete and updated curriculum vitae and list of publications;
  • Transcripts from post-high school education;
  • Reciprocity Fee (if any); and
  • Any other documents that may be deemed pertinent to the application.

Emirati recipients of most U.S. employment visas are also required to pay a reciprocity fee once the visa is approved.  This fee is based on what the UAE government charges Americans who receive similar visas to work in UAE.


Adobe Reader

  • Download Free
    Download Free

    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You may download a free version by clicking the link above.