Tourist and Business Visas
Most applicants applying for a non-immigrant visa are temporary visitors coming to the United States for business (B1) or tourism/medical treatment (B2). The two categories of visa are usually issued together as a B1/B2 visa.
How to Apply: To apply for a non-immigrant visa, each applicant needs to follow the basic application procedure.
At the time of the interview, applicants must bring the following to the Embassy:
- A passport that is valid for at least six months and has at least one blank visa page;
- Previous passports (if available);
- DS-160 Online Application confirmation page; and
- One photograph.
In order to demonstrate strong ties to the United Arab Emirates, applicants may also provide:
- Bank statements for the last three months.
- Letter from your employer stating position, start date and salary.
- Letter from your employer establishing purpose of travel.
Processing Time: We recommended that travelers apply as far in advance of their intended dates of travel as possible. While most approved visas are ready within 48 hours, some applications require administrative processing which can delay issuance from one week to over six months. It is not possible for our office to determine before an application is made if a case will need additional administrative processing. Final travel arrangements or flight reservations should generally not be made until receipt of a visa.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.