Effective January 6, 2013, applicants for non-immigrant visas will schedule a visa interview, pay the visa application fee, and arrange for the delivery of documents and passports through a new service provider. The new appointment service will also provide applicants with greater flexibility in scheduling a visa interview, allowing them to make appointments several months in advance of travel plans.
Where to Apply
The U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi and U.S Consulate General in Dubai accept applications from persons residing anywhere in the UAE. Dubai also maintains a separate appointment system for applicants living in Iran. Citizens of some countries are eligible to use the Visa Waiver Program.
Note to Iranian applicants: residents of Iran (students or otherwise) are required to apply with the US Consulate in Dubai. The US Embassy in Abu Dhabi does not process non-immigrant visas for Iranian nationals residing in Iran. Please visit the US Consulate in Dubai website at http://dubai.usconsulate.gov/general_application_instructions.html
How to Apply for a Visa
In order to apply for a non-immigrant visa to travel to the United States, you should follow the steps listed below. Non-immigrant visas include those for tourism, medical treatment, students and temporary workers. Information regarding different types of visa and the requirements to qualify for those visas can be found at http://www.usvisa-info.com. Be sure to have all the necessary documents ready in order to facilitate the application process.
The basic steps of the application process for a visa to the United States are as follows:
- Get a visa photo (important information about photo standards); photos taken more than six months before the interview will not be accepted. Submitting a photo older than six months will delay your visa processing.
- Complete the DS-160 application form online (you must fully answer all questions on the application) and print the one page confirmation sheet. Please be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if needed.
- Pay the visa application fee. You may pay the fee online, via phone or in person. Please visit http://usvisa-info.com/ for more information. Please Note: this fee is not refundable.
- Make an appointment. Visit http://www.usvisa-info.com to obtain information about visa types, appointments and delivery of approved visas.
5. Prepare your supporting documents, which vary depending on the purpose of your travel. Detailed information is available at http://usvisa-info.com. Click on the link below for information about the most common visa types.
6. On the day of your appointment, please come to the Embassy or Consulate General no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. Please do not bring any large bags, briefcases, etc. with you when you come to the Embassy for your visa interview. Only applicants will be allowed into the consular section, according to their appointment time. Children under 14 years of age and adults over the age of 79 are not required to appear for an interview and their applications may be submitted via Empost courier services. Please visithttp://usvisa-info.com/en/selfservice for additional information.
If your visa is approved, it will be available for pick up at the designated Empost courier location once the Embassy has finished processing your visa.
The website of our visa services provider, http://www.usvisa-info.com contains extensive information regarding all aspects of the visa application process. The service provider also operates a call center which is available Sunday to Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m and can answer questions about the application process. In addition, you may visit our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
If you already had your interview and would like to follow up on your case status, please click here.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.