Forms & Photos
Application Forms and Instructions
All applicants for a U.S. non-immigrant visa must fully complete the DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application. The online form offers greater convenience for our applicants, allows us to handle applications more efficiently, and is more environmentally friendly. Please be sure to complete all sections of the form and provide as much information as possible.
Visa Photograph Requirements
- Photo size must be 5 x 5 cm (2" x 2").
- Photo must be original, taken within the past 6 months, and show current appearance. Photos taken more than six months before the date of interview will not be accepted. Submitting a photo taken more than six months before the interview will delay visa processing.
- Photo background must be plain white.
- Photo must be in sharp focus, and correctly exposed (not too dark or too light).
- Photo must be taken from a straight frontal view, showing full face including both ears.
- Facial dimensions must be between 2.5 cm and 3.5 cm from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin.
- Photo should show normal street attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn except for religious attire that is worn daily.
- Hats or coverings obscuring the hair or hairline are not allowed. Headgear worn for religious purposes is acceptable provided that the face is uncovered and the hairline and jaw line are visible.
- Dark or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable. Prescription glasses, hearing devices, wigs or similar articles, should be shown if normally worn.
Important Information About Photo Standards
Some visa applicants bring photos that we cannot accept because the photo was edited by computer to even out skin tone or remove blemishes. Please instruct your photographer not to change any aspect of the photo before printing it. The photo must look like you. If you bring photos that have been digitally altered you will be asked to get new ones before we can process your application.