Individuals 16 years old and over receive 10-year validity adult passports. To apply for a passport, please make an appointment on our online appointment system and bring in the following on the scheduled day:
- Passport Application Form DS-82. If your last, full validity passport was issured after you turned 16 and you have it in your possession. Completed the form in full (list your local address for the mailing address although the passport will not be mailed) and sign it.
Online DS-82 form to complete online and print.
- If your last passport was issued before you turned 16, or your passport has been damaged, you must complete the online DS-11 form instead.
- If your passport has been lost or stolen, please see link on the left.
- One photograph (Photo must be 2 inches by 2 inches SQUARE, recent, and with white background as outlined here (PDF 45 KB). Passport application with the incorrect photo will not be accepted.
- Your current passport and 1 photocopy of the biographic page(s) and any amendments.
- The fee for an adult renewal passport is US $110 (DS-82) or the equivalent in UAE dirhams. This is payable in US dollars, dirhams, or by credit card. For a DS-11, an execution fee of US $25 will also be charged.
- 16 and 17 year-old passport applicants are required to bring their original birth certificates and 1 photocopy. If you do not bring your original birth certificate, you will have to make a second trip to the embassy to complete your application. A parent should accompany the applicant to their appointment.
If the copies requested above are not provided with the application, applicants will be charged a fee of US $ 1 per page for photocopies.
The new e-passport is printed in the U.S. and requires about two and half weeks to process. You may keep your current passport and have it cancelled when you collect your new passport from the Embassy (we will not cancel the UAE residence visa). If you live in Al Ain, please ask about our courier service when you apply at the embassy.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.